Sonntag, 19. Oktober 2008

WE116III: An average match in Leipzig. An empty net goal and a disabled referee

SpVgg 1899 Leipzig 3:1 SG Bienitz
Sunday, 19th October 2008 - kick-off time 15.00
Stadtliga Leipzig (10th level, 6th amateur division)
Result: 3:1 after 91 min. (45/46) - Halftime 1:1
Goals: 1:0 13th (?), 1:1 36th (?), 2:1 60. (?), 3:1 88. (?)
Bookings: 1 yellow card for each team
Sent-offs: none
Stadium: Karl-Enders-Sportpark (cap. 3,160; 260 seated)
Attendance: 80 (10 away fans)
Match quality: 5.0/10 (average)

Ground No. 258 (new ground; this season: 28)
Sporting event No. 684 (this season: 51)
Kilometres that day: 65 by bike
Km this season: 8,005 (4,810 car/ 1,760 public transport/ 1,435 bike)
Number of football matches since the last goalless draw: 95
Number of weeks since the last week without any sporting event (Aug 1st-6th 2006): 116

Before the Match:
The typical Leipzig bike tour: an unspectacular route to a respectable length.

The Match:
Neither was it weak, nor really thrilling or breathtaking. Both teams showed average skills of playing. SpVgg 1899 had the better start, so they scored for the first time after 13 minutes. Before the break, Bienitz used one of their few chances to equalise.
After a quarter of an hour was played in second half, the hosts scored again. Right before the final whistle, Bienitz tried everything to equalise, but did not manage to score a goal - even not with their goalkeeper in the opponent’s penalty area. Two minutes left on the clock, SpVgg 1899 countered successfully due to the goalkeeper wasn’t back fast enough in his goal. In ice-hockey such a goal is called ‘empty net goal’.

Entrance and Attendance:
1€ each is the usual fair price in Leipzig. About 80 fans came to this nice ground, but they did nothing to support their team. They did not even swear at anyone.

Catering and Referee:
The most disturbing thing in amateur football in Leipzig is that most of the catering stuff is too expensive. So was it in Karl-Enders-Sportpark in Leipzig-Grünau as well. 1.30€ for a Knacker is not so great...
The referee was sovereign and made almost no misdetermination. By the way it was clearly visible that he was involved in a serious accident. The elderly man walked hunched, had just one arm and legs to two different diameters.

Rapidly, we made our way home. The same way we came to Leipzig.
It was or will be the last match in Leipzig in October. The next match in Leipzig we want to watch will be played in mid-November.

See for match photos

Keine Kommentare: